Here are good reasons why you should choose Renaissance, eight things that make us different from other international schools in Ho Chi Minh City.
QUALITY AND TRADITION
- Renaissance delivers the English National Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate (IB) to students from Vietnam and around the world.
- We are experienced at teaching students from many different countries.
- Our families, like many parents elsewhere, prefer to send their children to an international British school instead of to local or other international schools.
- Renaissance is a family school. Every child and every parent is important to us.
- Our school has made a conscious decision to limit numbers and keep class sizes small to ensure we are able to offer each child an education tailored to meet their individual learning needs.
- We support each other and celebrate our successes – big and small – as a community.
SMALL CLASS SIZE
- We have a maximum class size of 18 in Early Years, 22 in Primary and 25 in Secondary.
- Each student receives the attention and support expected from a quality international school.
- In Secondary our excellent teacher-student ratio was praised by executives from the Council of International Schools.
EARLY YEARS CURRICULUM
- Our Early Years follows the English Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework which provides an integrated, play based programme for students to develop essential skills to flourish as individuals and to achieve success in a student centred environment.
- Teachers are highly qualified and have a wealth of experience.
- We have small class sizes and our teachers are supported by specialist teachers for music, Physical Education, swimming and library, as well as a team of skilled Teaching Assistants.
- Our quality programme is based on the National Curriculum for England enhanced by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
- The IPC is delivered through six cross-curricular themes and each unit has clear learning goals that foster the academic, social, spiritual emotional and physical development of the students.
- As the only Round Square school in Vietnam, the Primary School actively embeds the associated IDEALS into the programme, providing students with a well-rounded educational experience that goes beyond the classroom.
- Students are encouraged to think critically, communicate using a variety of tools, problem solve, research and collaborate.
- In Secondary there is a strong focus on academic and personal excellence.
- We equally provide a strong commitment to student welfare and well-being and offer a diverse extra-curricular activity programme.
- Beside the core subjects for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) qualification – English, Mathematics, Language A and Co-ordinated Sciences, students also choose from a broad range of subjects across the Humanities, Creative, Visual and Performing Arts, Physical Education and Technology.
- In Key Stage 5, the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) provides an excellent pathway into world-renown universities and colleges.
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE FOR ALL AGES
- We have a proven record of achieving high academic standards in Early Years, SAT’s, Cambridge IGCSE’s and the International Baccalaureate.
- We have rigorous academic programmes coupled with high-quality and experienced teachers to inspire our students to success.
- Renaissance students are consistently selected to attend the world’s best universities in the USA, UK, Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong and Australia.
A SPECIALISED LANGUAGE PROGRAMME
- We provide a range of First Language choices for our students.
- Renaissance is the only International School in HCMC to provide both Mandarin and Korean as First Language choices.
- Our Modern Foreign Language Department provides all students, as part of their academic programme, the opportunity to learn English, Vietnamese, Mandarin (Chinese), Korean and French.
- For those students new to English, or requiring additional support, our school has an English as an Additional Language (EAL) department.
FIRST CLASS FACILITIES
- A state-of-the-art 321-seat theatre and multi-purpose stage.
- An indoor, fully air-conditioned gymnasium.
- An all-weather pitch, along with a heated 25-metre indoor swimming pool. In addition, we have an Early Years pool for younger children still developing water confidence.
- Classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards.
- Primary classes have access to in-class iPads or internet-enabled desktop computers.
- Students in the Secondary School use laptops to facilitate their learning.
- A multi-media library as well as specialist labs and classrooms for Science, ICT Art, MFL, Music and Design Technology.
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY
- Our Admissions and Administration Departments provide help, advice and support for our school community of over 29 different nationalities and serve as a Public Relations Point for all parents.
- We provide help and advice to families on all matters relating to Renaissance and life in Ho Chi Minh City.
- In addition to academic matters, we are always happy to provide advice, help and support to make living in Vietnam easier and more enjoyable.