Why Choose Renaissance for Your IB Diploma?
• We have a great choice of IB subjects
• Our IB exam averages are amongst the top 5 in the city
• Our student scored the perfect score of 45 points
• We have a dedicated IB Diploma Common Room
• We offer IB Diploma scholarships of 50%-100%
• Our IB Diploma students go on exciting residential trips
• Our CAS activities include meaningful charity work
• Some of our graduates manage to go to leading world universities
• We have a dedicated University & College Counsellor
• We are fully accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS)
The IB is widely regarded as the best pre-university course anywhere in the world. No other qualification is recognised by so many institutions in different countries; no other programme prepares the student better for tertiary education and the world of work.
The IB Diploma is a comprehensive two-year course. It is designed as a pre-university programme for students aged 16 to 19. It is based on no particular national education system and is a deliberate balance between breadth and specialisation. There is a wide range of courses designed to meet the interests and requirements of different students. The IB includes the Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) programme, the Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge (TOK). Together, these offer the IB student experiences and skills essential for the modern world.
The IB Subjects Offered at Renaissance Are
- Group 1
- English A Language and Literature SL/ HL
- English B HL
- Group 2
- Korean A Language and Literature SL/ HL
- Vietnamese A Literature SL/ HL
- Chinese (Mandarin) A Language and Literature SL/ HL
- Chinese (Mandarin) B SL/HL
- Ab Initio SL
- Group 3
- Geography SL/HL
- Business Management SL/HL
- Psychology SL/HL
- Group 4
- Physics SL/HL
- Biology SL/HL
- Sport, Exercise and Health Science SL or HL
- Group 5
- Maths HL
- Maths SL
- Maths Studies SL
- Group 6
- Visual Arts SL/HL
- Chemistry SL/HL
- Economics SL/HL
The IB encourages international-mindedness – that is, an understanding of global issues and a concern for others in our community and the broader world. The IB believes that students must also develop an understanding of their own cultural and national identity. Through the IB, students develop the skills to live and work in an international context, which is essential for life in the 21st century. It provides a balanced education for the ‘whole’ student and provides an excellent preparation for both university and adult life. This fits well within the Round Square philosophy of IDEALS that Renaissance educates.
The IB Diploma is recognised as the leading qualification to gain entry to the top universities around the world in some 110 countries.
Universities prefer IB students because the IB curriculum develops a balanced variety of skills. IB graduates, with the range of subjects they have studied, have a greater choice of undergraduate programmes. Employers, too, are increasingly looking for flexibility and adaptability, which is something all IB students are able to offer.
The school will send a transcript of results for the last four years (if the student studies less than four years at Renaissance, the transcript will be for the years at our school) to universities and colleges of student’s choice. This can be done through the Common App for the US, UCAS for the UK or targeted universities in other countries. For Year 13 the transcript includes predicted grades. Transcripts and predicted grades are confidential and will not be shared with students and parents.