In line with the advice from the government, Renaissance International School Saigon will remain closed until end of 5 April 2020.
Before outlining the associated arrangements related to the period once the school re-opens through until the end of the school year, we would first like to thank all Renaissance faculty and staff for all their work over the course of the past five weeks to ensure quality learning and a safe and healthy facility. Put simply theirs has been an incredible effort.
In terms of the arrangements for the remainder of the year, please note the following:
- The mid-term vacation has been moved to the week beginning 30 March 2020.
- The starting date for all students next academic year will be adjusted to Monday 17 August 2020.
- All Secondary Extra Curricular Activities - apart from sport where applicable - will be cancelled which will enable the school to offer more instructional time for the students. Early Years 2 and Early Years 3 and Primary extra curricular activities will be reduced to two sessions per week.
- The school day for all students will conclude at 16:15 and the bus schedule will be amended accordingly.
- Study leave for IB and IGCSE students will be suspended with their last day now being 24 April 2020.
- Online learning will continue to be supplemented by learning packs for all Early Years and Primary classes. These will be available for collection from security.
Please also be advised that the school will be implementing the previously explained range of measures – temperature checks, restricted campus entry, self-quarantine in line with governmental advice – once school resumes as the health and safety of all members of the community is paramount.
We believe that the arrangements outlined above are both fair and reasonable under the circumstances and we trust for your understanding and ongoing support.
Parents and students are advised to check their email communication from Renaissance for more information.